Archivists from University Archives & Historical Collections (UAHC) visit K–12 classrooms for no charge provided that they are within a reasonable driving distance from East Lansing. Our archivists can bring primary resources to show students and talk to them about a variety of topics.
Some topics include:
- Using primary sources
- Careers in archives
- Preserving family history
- Michigan State University history
If you are interested in having an archivist speak to your class, please contact UAHC at (517) 355-2330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson plans and materials
Materials on this site can be downloaded and used in classes free of charge.
- Belle Sarcastic information and coloring sheet (PDF)*
- Be Your Family Historian (PDF)*
- Word Find - MSU Buildings (PDF)*
- Word Find - MSU Presidents (PDF)*
- Coloring Page - Forest Akers (PDF)*
- Coloring Page - Jennie Towar (PDF)*
- Fill in the Blanks - General MSU history (PDF)*
- MSU Presidents Activity Sheets (PDF)*
- Primary vs. Secondary sources information sheet (PDF)*
- Dairy Adventures Activities worksheet (PDF)*
- Dairy Adventure Press (PDF)*
- MSU Dairy Trivia (PDF)*
- History Day 2014 ("Rights and Responsibilities") Resources at the MSU Archives (PDF)*
- History Day 2015 ("Leadership and Legacy") Resources at the MSU Archives (PDF)*
National History Day 2016
UAHC has a variety of primary sources relating to the 2016 History Day theme "Exploration, Encounter, Exchange in History." A sampling of topics and corresponding resources can be found in the link below.